Spreadsheets are perhaps the simplest form of a database and are excellent tools for introducing students to using technology for analysis. This lesson plan centers around analysis of the current House of Representatives.
- How representative of the average American is it?
- What traits are common?
- What does this tell us about what it takes to be a Member of the House of Representatives?
This teaching guide and lesson plan provides you with the resources to do a deep dive about the House of Representatives.
- Subject Areas: Government, Civics, Social Sciences, Humanities
- Materials Required: Virtual classroom or other screen sharing tool, or a large screen display with a computer.
- Time Needed: Typically an entire class period.