This lesson is intended to teach students how to differentiate between the concepts of:
- Terrorism and Guerrilla Warfare,
- Civil Disobedience,
- Martial Law,
- Civil War,
- Wars of Independence, and
- Coup D’é Tats.
This is very useful instruction in most History classes and especially in Government classes. This lesson plan has been used successfully with both middle school and high school students.
Be sure to read our free Teaching Guide for the Concept Attainment Strategy first as it provides this lesson’s methodology and format.
- Subject Areas: Social Sciences, History, Humanities, Government
- Materials Required: Optional – whiteboard or display for posting prompts
- Time Needed: Typically an entire class period.
Categories: Concept Attainment, Remote Learning Tags: American History, Civics, Curriculum, Language Arts, Social Studies, World History