This lesson plan is intended for use with any study of the Cold War, or reading any post-apocalyptic literature. It can also be used to facilitate discussions of the power of the President in the modern era. The debriefing questions used for this lesson highlight what is hoped to be learned:
- How was our game similar to the real world?
- Does Mutually Assured Destruction “work”?
- What facilitates trust?
- What makes M.A.D. stronger and more believable?
- Do these forces work against one another?
- If you could play the game again, do you think you could achieve a better outcome? Why or why not?
Be sure to also pick up our free Teaching Guide for Instructional Simulation Games.